GGJ is Hiring!
Grassroots Global Justice Alliance (GGJ) has filled the Operations Coordinator Position!
GGJ Operations Coordinator Job AnnouncementAccepting & Reviewing Applications on a rolling basis through November 7, 2018 until filled.- Position Filled.
You will only be contacted if we are requesting an interview.
Location: Flexible. Preference for Washington DC metro area. This job will include travel. This is a full- time movement building position, that will include working evenings and weekends at times.
Compensation: $50,000-$55,000 commensurate with experience. This position is eligible for benefits beginning after 3 month probationary period, including health, dental and vision coverage and generous vacation.
Grassroots Global Justice (GGJ) is a national alliance of over 60 US-based grassroots organizing (GRO) groups organizing to build an agenda for power for working and poor people and communities of color. We understand that there are important connections between the local issues we work on and the global context, and we see ourselves as part of an international movement for global justice. GGJ focuses on bringing GRO organizations into a long-term process of relationship building, political alignment and the development of transformational leadership, particularly for working and poor women and gender-oppressed people of color. We weave and bridge together US-based GRO groups and global social movements working for climate justice, gender justice, an end to war, and a just transition to a new economy that is better for people and the planet. For more about GGJ, visit our website: http://ggjalliance.org
Key Duties Summary: This position will lead GGJ program and administrative operations, coordinate travel and logistical support for US based events and international delegations, and support with financial management of overall organizational budget. This position will report to the GGJ Deputy Director, and work closely with the organizing team and the Bookkeeper.
Applicants must have a strong ability to forecast and plan multiple projects several months in advance and adapt plan implementation as needed, strong troubleshooting skills, excellent attention to detail, and consistent communication to keep other staff/members on task while working remotely.
Coordinate Logistics for GGJ programs (60%)
1) Lead Operations & Logistics Forecasting and Backward Planning for GGJ programs.
2) Lead logistical implementation, tracking of delegates and supplies, and trouble-shooting on the ground during programs.
3) Support organizing team in follow up from programs.
4) Represent GGJ on collective logistics teams with sister organizations (primarily It Takes Roots)
Maintain GGJ administrative systems (40%)
1) Maintain shared digital systems.
2) Manage Human Resources.
3) Support Financial Management & Tracking.
4) Support Admin/Finance team with Non-Profit Compliance.
5) Manage production & storage of organizational materials.
Required Qualifications and Experience
● At least 3 years high level administrative experience, ideally in remote workplace environment.
● Support the mission, vision and goals of GGJ.
● Experience in multi-racial, multi-cultural, multi-generational settings.
● Ability to forecast and plan several months in advance, and adapt plan implementation.
● Excellent attention to detail and ability to maintain variety of projects simultaneously.
● Ability to work independently while maintaining close communication with remote teams.
● Ability to keep other staff/members on task and “manage-up”.
● Outgoing, positive energy, professional attitude in communications with members, staff, allies and vendors.
● Knowledge of common computer applications: MS Office, Google docs, Dropbox, Mac environment, and Zoom video tele-conferencing systems.
● Comfort with online work environment and digital filing & communication systems.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
● Ability to write and speak a second language, preferably Spanish.
● Willingness to travel: average 5-10 days per month in the US, and 15 days per year internationally.
● Driver’s license and liability insurance.
● Conflict mediation skills, high level of self-awareness and self-reflection practice.
● Knowledge and experience on at least some of the topics our members work on, such as gender justice, just transition, environmental justice, anti-militarism, indigenous sovereignty, housing and anti-eviction work, etc.
● Familiarity with general accounting procedures, principals, and financial tracking systems for 501c3 nonprofit organizations.
● Familiarity with CRM systems and Database management (Powerbase).
● IT systems skills a plus.
● Organizing background in some of the topics our members work on (see above).
How To Apply
Please submit Resume, cover letter, a sample of at least 750 words of an operations plan that you wrote and/or laid out and 3 references (please include someone who has supervised you and someone you have supervised or mentored) to email@example.com with “Ops Coordinator” in the subject. Only candidates that are being considered will be contacted.
More detailed job description available upon request.
NOTE: We are no longer accepting applications for previously posted positions of ITR Fundraising & Finance Contractor and GGJ-ITR Communications Coordinator.