GGJ in the News
- Source:The Huffington PostDate:Wed, 12/08/2010Type:URL:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tina-gerhardt/cop-16-breakout-groups_b_794047.html
- Source:Democracy NowDate:Wed, 12/08/2010Type:AudioURL:http://www.democracynow.org/2010/12/9/prominent_indigenous_environmental_activist_blocked_from
- Source:KQED-NPRDate:Tue, 12/07/2010Type:Audio
- Source:Democracy NowDate:Wed, 12/08/2010Type:Audio
Youth for Climate Justice, GGJ, GJEP and IEN Inside Action Coverage starts at 31 mins.
Check out Kari Fulton of Youth for Climate Justice's great speech at the 1000 Cancuns press conference inside the negotiations. Also check out Sunyoung Yang of the Labor Community Strategy Center and GGJ's fierce chanting and resistance to the UN suits and enforcers who kicked the youth out of the building.
1000 Cancuns March and global action coverage starts at 39 mins.
- Source:Free Speech Radio NewsDate:Tue, 12/07/2010Type:AudioURL:http://fsrn.org/Tags:
- Source:Terra MexicoType:URL:http://noticias.terra.com.pe/calentamiento-global/campesinos-marchan-contra-el-cambio-climatico-en-cancun,20136b55b61cc210VgnVCM3000009af154d0RCRD.html
07 de diciembre de 2010 • 12:15
Varios miles de campesinos emprendieron una kilométrica marcha este martes hacia el lugar donde se celebra la conferencia de Naciones Unidas sobre el cambio climático de Cancún, para exigir un "acuerdo que respete a los pueblos del mundo".
- Source:Agence France PressDate:Tue, 12/07/2010Type:URL:http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/global-filipino/world/12/07/10/peasants-take-streets-climate-meet
Peasants take to streets at climate meetAgence France-PressePosted at 12/08/2010 1:37 AM | Updated as of 12/08/2010 1:37 AM
CANCUN, Mexico - Thousands of leftist activists and Mexican peasants took to the streets Tuesday of the beach resort of Cancun to protest against the climate accord being negotiated by more than 190 countries.