Building Climate Justice: A UN Climate Meeting Report from the Frontlines, live from Bonn, Germany
GGJ was on the ground with our It Takes Roots (ITR) delegation in Bonn, Germany in June 2023 for the intersessional UNFCCC meeting in the lead up to the next Conference of Parties (COP) climate change assembly. In Bonn, country negotiators advanced priorities from COP27 in November 2022 and set an agenda for COP28 in the United Arab Emirates in December 2023. Key topics included the loss and damage fund, carbon markets, Just Transition, and progress toward emissions reduction goals set in the Paris Agreement.
- Adrien Salazar, Grassroots Global Justice Alliance (Moderator)
- Alberto Saldamando, Indigenous Environmental Network
- José Bravo, Just Transition Alliance
- Peniel Ibe, The Black Hive at Movement for Black Lives
- Tamra Gilbertson, Indigenous Environmental Network